Thursday, November 22, 2012

How to Ask For Help!

Q 1) When did you last ask for help?
I mean really, actually ask for help.

Not 'Help me unload the dishwasher' or 'Help me put the shopping away' but real pratical help.

And by help I mean any time you need help- help with work, business, ideas, housework, life, anything.

Q 2) When could it have been better if you just braved it and asked?
If you picked up the phone and asked.

I've a husband, a business, four kids (including baby twins) a new iPhone app to market, and a heap of other stuff to do.
We're all trying to do well in business, and have access to a wealth of great contacts and networks, but we often miss out on a major FREEBIE - HELP and ADVICE!
This year I've had to LEARN to ask for help to manage home life and business....not in my nature. But by doing this, (admitting I'm not super-human) I realised that people have been delighted to be asked, I've a better business, closer friends and I am more human as a result of picking up the phone!
Here's 5 reasons why and how:

1) Networking - Linkedin, Facebook etc look at the people around you in business. If you see their profile, and wonder how everyone else is doing great, you'd be mistaken. We are all in the same (or similar) boats. Be freindly and polite, do ask for advice and help, but respect people's time also.

2) Asking for help is not admitting inability, defeat or failure - it is normal. Anyone still in business right now deserves the right to ask for help and advice!

3) Friends and associates like to be asked, asking people for help and advice shows you value their opinion.

4) Fortune favours the brave! Call someone regardless of their position, (this takes courage if you don't know them). If they can't help you, they might know someone who can point you in the right direction.

5) Pride comes before a fall! Don't miss out on an opportunity to get your idea realised because you didn't ask for help with it.


P.S. I need some marketing advice/help.....anyone know how to increase app sales without trawling around for reviewers?? You may as well offer me help......I'll probably be ringing you anyway.
http://www.hometrain.ie/gth/

Claire.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment